Our research section IKAB e.V. is responsible for this area. Applied communication research implies for us:
- social research
- continuing education and training
- monitoring and evaluation
- professional support services
Our main focus is on qualitative research in an intercultural context. We specialise in action-oriented evaluation studies in the area of youth and educational politics.
Here are some examples of our studies:
- Unter der Lupe – wissenschaftliche Begleitung von JUGEND IN AKTION (Under scrutiny – scientific monitoring of YOUTH IN ACTION) in cooperation with YOUTH for Europe – German Agency for the EU programme YOUTH IN ACTION and the Research Group Youth & Europe at the CAP – Centre for Applied Policy Research at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (CAP – Centrum für angewandte Politikforschung an der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München) (since 2008)
- Otten, H., Ohana, Y., The eight key competencies for Lifelong Learning: An appropriate framework within which to develop the competence of trainers in the field of European youth work or just plain politics? SALTO, Bonn, September 2009 www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetencestudy/
- Fennes, H., Otten, H., Quality in Non-formal Education and Training in the Field of European Youth Work. YOUTH for Europe – German Agency for the EU programme YOUTH IN ACTION ed., documents No. 10, Bonn: December 2008. www.jugendfuereuropa.de
- Qualitätssicherung und Qualitätskontrolle in der Arbeit der Jugendhäuser in Luxemburg. Leitfaden zur Selbstevaluierung und Qualitätsentwicklung (Quality assurance and quality control in the youth work of the youth centres in Luxembourg. Guide for self-evaluation and quality development). Ministry for the Family, Social Solidarity and Youth. Luxembourg 2004
- Otten, H., Study on trainers` competencies necessary for developing and implementing high quality European level training activities in the youth field. Council of Europe, Directorate of Youth and Sport, Strasbourg, July 2003
- Auswirkungen des Aktionsprogramms JUGEND auf die durch das Programm geförderten Organisationen. Evaluationsstudie im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums für Familie, Frauen, Senioren und Jugend und JUGEND für Europa – Deutsche Agentur JUGEND (Impact of the YOUTH programme on the beneficiaries. Evaluation study on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth and YOUTH for Europe – German Agency YOUTH.). Bonn 2003
Devising and implementing specific training measures / Commissioned and cooperation work:
- Training offers on the topic „Youthpass“ and for the development and implementation of quality standards for non-formal education on behalf of YOUTH for Europe – German Agency for the EU programme YOUTH IN ACTION (since 2007)
- International training courses for the qualification of multipliers in international youth work
IKAB e.V. cooperates with colleagues from a range of universities, research centres and consultancy services across Europe. Interdisciplinary cooperation is our practice.
The dialogue at European level is not least ensured by our membership of UNIQUE, an European network of organizations and experts in the area of training, consultancy and research.